Black Dress Circle®
Black Dress Circles® are monthly, facilitated, results-driven roundtables for female entrepreneurs. There are two variants—BDC Emerge and BDC Evolve. Both provide a forum to discuss issues, frame decisions, and share experiences with other women who understand the unique challenges of managing emerging and evolving companies. Erin Joy created this peer-directed, proven model to address the common challenges faced by women leading dynamic and developing organizations.
BDC Emerge is for emerging female entrepreneurs leading organizations with less than $1 million in annual revenue.
BDC Evolve is for evolving, second-stage women business leaders steering organizations with $1-$50 million in annual revenue.
Both BDC Emerge and BDC Evolve empower their members to:
- Solve real-world business challenges
- Support one another and this growing demographic of successful female entrepreneurs
- Work ON their businesses as opposed to IN their businesses
Why Black Dress Circle®? It’s…
- Effective: It works. Black Dress Circle® acts as an informal board of directors, providing a forum for supported decision-making while learning from each other’s experiences.
- Productive: This is not a superficial (read: time-wasting) meeting. Black Dress Circles® meet once a month with a planned agenda, including topics for discussion. As a trained facilitator, Erin ensures structured, focused, and purposeful conversations.
- Action-based: Sessions are dedicated to building on past decisions so that projects and discussion items continually move forward. Annual content explores challenges in in human resources, operations, corporate culture, leadership, and business trajectory; it is also flexible so that members’ pressing issues can be addressed.
- Confidential: Competitors are never placed in the same Emerge or Evolve Circle, ensuring that roundtable discussions take place in a safe setting and that all topics discussed remain confidential.
- No Sales: Circle members are prohibited from doing business with each other so that relationships stay focused on trust and support.
- Exclusive: BDC Emerge and Evolve members are carefully selected based on their potential for meaningful contributions, business integrity, and intent and capacity for personal growth and professional accomplishment.
- ROI: By participating in Black Dress Circle®, businesses have been completely transformed.
“Erin’s ability to guide the conversations so they are impactful for everyone is masterful and sets the tone for the Black Dress Circle experience. The diversity of personalities, businesses, and industries results in some powerful knowledge.”
“Black Dress Circle provides the time, resources, and structure to be forward-thinking about my business.”
“I learned how to build the processes to support my intentions.”
“Erin does a masterful job of putting these groups together. The energy from all of the women in the group—and their varying perspectives—has helped me make some key decisions.”
“No matter how you feel when you walk into that room, you are going to leave feeling energized, positive, and motivated.”
“Black Dress Circle has given me the confidence and perspective necessary to do what needs to be done. It has helped me commit to and believe in my decisions, systems, strategies, and processes.”
“As a result of my involvement in Black Dress Circle, I am better equipped to handle a wide variety of issues with my business. It has expanded my capabilities and my capacity.”
“Erin has assisted me tremendously with identifying systems to incorporate into my daily practices to increase my efficiency and grow my business. She has also provided referrals to strategic business partners to assist me in these endeavors.”
Entrepreneur, PhD candidate, Audrey’s Mom // Something Extra podcast w Lisa Nichols:
Error: Access Token for erinjoy.blackdresscircle is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.